Monday, September 10, 2007

Indonesia: For Sale!

Want to buy Java, Borneo, or Sumatra?
They are for sale, along with other main islands in
The World. The mini version, that is. And they are a little bit out of shape compared to the actual things. What's important is that you could become neighbors with Michael Schumacher, Pamela Anderson (who's got Greece Island from ex-husband Tommy Lee), probably also with Rod Steward and David Beckham.
*Yeah, great! Imagine yourself
kayaking to the Beckhams' to borrow some sugar from Victoria ;D*

Just prepare US$15-45 millions (depends on the size), and they could be yours. Of course you have to be great and cool enough so the developer will let you own it.
*Hmm.. I wonder if any Indonesian will buy one of those islands..*

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is like bringing SimCity to real life. Look at his projects: Dubai Waterfront, The Palm Trilogy (consists of, from left to right: Jebel Ali, Jumeirah, and Deira), and The World.


That really reminds me of the game I used to play when I was younger.
*Okay, I admit I still occasionally play SimGolf and HarvestMoon till now.. So what?!*.
When playing SimCity or Sim-whatever, I loved to perform cheat so I'd get unlimited amount of money. Then I'd build islands to any shape I wanted, usually square (for easy management), smiley-face, or heart shaped. It's really great, being able to control such thing. I believe Sheikh Mohammed feel the same way, except that it's real money to create real islands.
*hopefully with no cheat involved ;p*

Island-making has becoming more popular, not only in Dubai. (but not in Indonesia though, since we still have 6000 inhabited islands ;p) If you check out the list of artificial islands, you'll find Kansai International Airport -Japan, The Pearl -Qatar, and many more.

Well, if you have the money, the power, and the technology, what stops you? If I have these three, maybe I would do something crazy too. Like building dams around Antarctica and Arctic to prevent the other islands from 'sinking' when the ice melts =)), or inter-connecting the whole islands in Indonesia with bridges =))
*Just wondering.. With
17,508 islands, how many bridges would we have?*

1 comment:

sunett said...

Okay.. okay..
Got 2 fellas from UAE, have told them to prepare for our visit!

Let's have a holiday there... and go cruising to Vicky's house ^^