Monday, July 7, 2008

Gurita Bento

Gurita = octopus in Indonesian language

***

For today's bento, I made tomato red rice with chicken frank, broccoli & bean sprouts.

To make tomato red rice, you need: red rice (or brown rice), 1 tomato, garlic, butter, oregano, tomato ketchup.
Heat butter in a pan, add chopped garlic and chopped tomato. Add the rice, tomato ketchup and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.

I used soy sauce for the gurita eyes & mouth. The broccoli was yellowish, but that's all I could find in the fridge.



***

I remember when my bro was still in kindergarten, he wrote something in the wooden edge of a whiteboard, so it couldn't be erased. I saw the word as 'burita' and asked him, "What's this? Your teacher?"
I thought he meant to write Bu Rita (or Mrs. Rita).
"No, silly. It's Gurita."
The 'G' really looked like 'b'. And now, as a second-year university student, his handwriting is still as bad as 13 years ago.. ^_^

1 comment:

sunett said...

aaarrgghhhh aku mauuuuuuu