Friday, June 27, 2008

Eggplant Spaghetti

Another thing that I love about my working place: the people are so generous! Whenever we made a visit to their place, they always give us something (hey, we didn't ask!). Sometimes they would come to the office, bringing their harvest goods. One beautiful day, a farmer group came with a very large sack full of Japanese eggplant. Yippee..!!

Have I told you that I love eggplant? Well, let me tell you again..
I LOVE EGGPLANT!! ^o^
I love to cook them into Indonesian cuisines: sayur asem, sambal terong, lodeh, terong tauco (Is it truly Indonesian recipe? I just improvised the japanese miso eggplant recipe from Harvest Moon games), etc. or foreign cuisine such as moussaka , tempura & ratatouille (which my brother hates).

One of my favorite is Eggplant Spaghetti. It's very easy to made. Basically I just used everything I could find in the fridge and didn't follow any recipe.

Here's my recipe for Eggplant Spaghetti:
Boil the pasta until al dente. Set aside.
Chop onion and saute until tender. Add chopped tomato & eggplant. Add the pasta. Season with salt, blackpepper, and oregano. Voila!!

hmm.. I think I did miss something..

what the heck..
The key is IMPROVISATION, my friends. So improvise!

No comments: