Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Alien Mouse Bento

All that bento blogs (such as Bento Corner and Adventures in Bentomaking inspire me to post my bento too. I haven't got a husband (let alone children) whom I could make bento for everyday (like Tokiwa aka Mrs. Bentocorner). But sometimes I make it for my own lunch.
Yeah, just for my own.. My mom, dad, lil bro & sis can take care of their own lunch.. :p

First, bento saves money. Second, you can really choose what you're having for lunch. I mean, really, working in a small town doesn't give you many choices for your lunch menu.

So this morning I made Macaroni&Cheese. Well, it's not macaroni actually, it's angel-hair spaghetti. I didn't use Mac&Cheese from Kraft which is relatively expensive and not available in the mini-market near my home.

Here's my recipe for a quick homemade Mac&Cheese:
pasta (about 125 grams), boiled until al dente
100 ml milk
1 tablespoon butter
1 slice cheddar cheese (I use Kraft)
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon Bumbu Kentang Goreng Indofood Rasa Keju (french fries seasoning --you can only find in Indonesia, I guess) :D

Heat butter in a pan. Add milk and Bumbu Kentang Goreng, bring to boil. Add the pasta & cheddar cheese until the cheese melts. Add flour to thicken. Voila..

You don't have to use Bumbu Kentang Goreng Indofood Rasa Keju if you like. I use it because it gives the taste and appearance of Kraft Mac&Cheese.
You can skip the use of cheddar cheese too, using only Bumbu Kentang Goreng Indofood. But it won't be as cheesy as if you use one.. *obviously..*

At first, I wanted to make my bento looked like Ultraman, just using the bread & cherry tomato for the eyes. But then my sis told me there is no way it resembled Ultraman.. so I add another cherry tomato for the nose. And here it is..

Alien mouse bento..

2 comments:

sunett said...

what a bento!
please make a bento menu with lotsa veggies. and the theme is meat forever.... :P

MamaNyu said...

meat forever??
hahaha.. it's so.. YOU!
Netta the Carnivore, who use 'iron deficiency' as an excuse to eat steak frequently..

kamu ga bisa makan daging banyak2 ya disana?? anemia dong?? ;D