Thursday, July 15, 2010

And I Shall Blog Again..

Okay.. So how long has it been since my last post?

I watched Julie & Julia a few months ago. I love it!! I found the movie very inspiring, although I didn't immediately logged on to the internet and started blogging again. But I truly had this strong will to write, I swear. It’s just that I feel exhausted after work (and play, of course.. ;p).

The movie is about two life stories -of Julia Child and Julie Powell, intertwined into one by a book: Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Julia Child wrote the book with Simone Beck and Louisette Bertholle. Julie Powell, inspired by Julia Child, wrote a blog about her own challenge to cook 536 recipes in the book in 365 days. And I, inspired by the movie, will try to write again.. ;)

Julie Powell and I had a lot in common. Julie Powell was a government employee. And I still am. I understand perfectly how cooking could be such a wonderful escape from our daily grind. (Julia Child also worked for the government, but she quitted, followed her husband to France, and infatuated with food and cooking there.) Obviously, Julia Child and Julie Powell put their passion in food. And my passion for food? I spent years studying food science, through all the joy and suffering.. Should you question that? :p Cooking is one sure way of showing my affection.. (no matter how the food tastes) ;)

But unlike Julie Powell who started her blog during her employment, I stopped blogging around the time I started working for the government. Suspending one post and another.. Suddenly it’s been one and a half year since the last posting.. Oh, the years indeed run like rabbits..

So here I am.. Attempting to write again. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

bung2 said...

Hahhhaaaa...welcome back, Nyu^^.

Btw, i haven't watched the movie, although i have it downloaded =p. I'm glad that the movie can inspire you to start blogging again. Xixixi....

sunett said...

awas nek mandeg meneh..!

eniwei, seems like i read something between the lines... but maybe it just me.. *wink